Tuesday, October 5, 2010

First Attempts Using Corel Draw

 
This was the first little assignment I worked on using Corel Draw. Although, I it was a pain jumping into the assignment, I pretty much learned the basic uses of this application such as how to make basic shapes, merging and trimming shapes together, adding gradients, and cloning images around a central point. Even though this may not look like the "prettiest" watch, I am content with my results. If I was given a few more days to rework with this assignment, I would work on fixing the proportions of the parts of the watch and fix the gradients to make the watch appear more realistic.
This is my attempt at the CBC Logo. I'm not very impressed with it because I did not cut the semi circles and quarter-circles properly... and they are not alligned properly when I rotated the duplicated using the  




This is my attempt at making the ADIDAS logo. It was very simple after learning that all I had to make was a pointed ellipse by altering the nodes, duplicate and rotate it using transformations, then trim out three bars. My first attempt would be considered the "dumb method" of making the graphic, which involved me altering a single circle into the "leaf-like" shape. I had to redo this and my final results are what is being displayed; I am happy with it.

This is my attempt at recreating the BMW logo. In my opinion, it is THE SECOND WORST logo I have created using Corel Draw. Although it was simple making it; just creating a bunch of circles and cutting out parts of them, I needed to work on the gradients/filtering effects to make the logo "pop out" more, like the REAL thing! I guess this is considered as a WIP. 


At first I had attempted to make this using the "hard way;" which included making the shape, placing the coloured rectangles and cutting them off. I had learned to use the powerclip tool which made the end result. The powertool from corel draw is pretty amazing! It made creating this logo very easy. Although the only thing I would rework is that leaf because I forgot to change the colour to match the body of the apple.

 

1 comment: